20 Top Tips for SEO
Need some help with your website – here some invaluable TOP SEO TIPS for your website!
- Content is KING! Ensure that you have well-written and unique content that will focus on your primary keyword or keyword phrase.
- Build a network of quality backlinks – quality links and ones relevant to your website
- Use your keyword phrase for links to your website and use these keywords within your site as the link, instead of click here.
- When you build your website, always keep SEO in mind – Flash may look, um well.. flash but it won’t help you at all in the search department. Your website needs words, your images need descriptions and dimension information.
- We can’t emphasize fresh new tasty content enough! If your website info doesn’t change much, consider a blog …. and then blog a couple of times a week to keep the spiders busy.
- Get found in local searches by using your keyword phrase and location within your website.
- If you simply have to use Flash, or a big image or have a landing page, make sure you have text and navigation links at the bottom. It doesn’t help being all pretty but not being found.
- Have a call to action on each website page e.g. book now, call now, email us etc.
- Choose one keyword phrase per page and focus on that for maximum optimization.
- A picture paints a thousand words- make them work even harder for your website – make sure your images have keyword-rich captions.
- Don’t stuff your text with keywords. Search engines may penalize your website if these keywords are overused – keyword stuffing can count against you – be careful!
- Your website should have a sitemap.
- Fresh content can help improve your rankings. Add new content to your web pages on a regular basis. Content freshness is important in the eyes of the search engines.
- If you can get links from other pages with high PR (Page Rank) grab it with both hands- it will add loads of credibility to your own website.
- Domain age is a factor.
- Videos can be added to You-tube, AOL, MSN – they can play an important role in getting good results. Remember to link back to your website.
- Links from .edu domains impress the search engines. See you if you can get linked to some .edu websites or non-profit organizations.
- Add easy sharing with +1/ facebook / twitter etc buttons to your pages to help in getting your name out there.
- New Age SEO includes videos, social networks, sharing, following, liking, podcasts, news – get your name and business out there and go all out with your digital marketing !
- Finally SEO is not a once off thing to do and you’re done. Your competitors are constantly trying to nab that top spot from you – so don’t let down your guard. Keep up with the SEO and try new approaches – the search landscape is an ever changing one.
Contact Web Warriors if you need help with your SEO!